Communication plays a pivotal role in the day to day running of any business. As such, it needs to be properly managed as it has the power to either make or break business contacts.
(Charles, 1998) considers communication as the heart of business and the most important of all entrepreneurial skills. The destiny of business depends on the quality of communication. The ability to transmit information helps both clients and employees feel they can communicate with and ultimately trust each other.
This two-day workshop enhances the participants’ ability to inculcate good communication culture, at the same time taking note of the barriers that affect communication.
This 2 day workshop seeks to enlighten participants that an organisation communicates through its people, who in turn function through communication.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of communication in business operations
- Identify the different stages in the communication process
- Identify and understand the barriers to communication
- Understand the various reports available in business.
- Describe the functions, types, and directions of communication channels in their organisation.
- Learn to actively listen and obtain feedback to understand others and build rapport
- Read non-verbal communication signals
- Increase the credibility and clarity of messages they send to others
- Understand the impact of unethical communication
THE LEARNING PROCESS
The learning process is deliberately diverse and includes –
- Class lectures and case study discussions;
- Video screening and syndicate discussions;
- Group work
An investment of US$55 per person per training day will apply, covering tuition and training materials. An additional $20 is payable for three teas and lunch if the course is held at Mandel.
2017 COURSE DATES
First course 28 September 2017. Second course 29 March 2018.
Innocent Nyamatore on-
Mobile: +263 (0)772 212 091
Lazarus Sibanda on
Mobile: +263 (0)712 215 938