Effective leadership at Executive level is the single most important factor that contributes to competitive performance. Executives face a multitude of challenges in their day to day roles and have a key impact on the achievement of the organization’s stated objectives. Management and leadership skills and competencies are expected to be extensive and deep at this level to capacitate the Executive in leading the organization through uncertainty and change along a turbulent terrain.
Cross-functional management is the entry point for Executives in today’s fast moving business environment, requiring an in-depth understanding of the essentials of strategic awareness, operations, marketing, supply chain management, finance, information management, strategic performance management, transformational leadership, corporate governance and project management.
Integrating all these components and dealing with complex and diverse challenges is the core focus of an Executive’s role.
The post-hyperinflation era in Zimbabwe, against the background of a multi-currency environment and a liberalized economy, has seen cut-throat competition from the region and beyond thereby making the need for capability building at Executive level even more acute.
This program will –
- Accelerate participants’ growth and development;
- Build a deeper understanding of the total business and how it operates;
- Give participants an opportunity to work on real, current business challenges – creating a sense of team work;
- Make Leadership a competitive advantage; and
- Develop stronger capabilities to achieve business goals and improve management decision making.
The EDP is designed for –
- High performance, high potential Executives;
- Visible and influential Executives with a number of direct reports; and
- Ideally, Executives with a Profit & Loss responsibility.
THE LEARNING PROCESS
This programme is intended to be a major learning experience. It will provide an opportunity for updating and acquiring skills and competencies as well as giving time for reflection and self-evaluation in a different and informal atmosphere. The learning process is deliberately diverse and includes:
- Class lectures and case study discussions;
- Syndicate discussions and plenary sessions;
- Informal interchange with Faculty and program participants;
- 360 degrees feedback and Personal Growth Plan;
- Business Management Game; and
- Experiential “Action-based” learning through a Business Project.
Most of the program facilitators are fully immersed in the business world. The result? A highly practical program!
EXPECTATIONS ON CLIENT ORGANISATIONS
This programme is offered as a joint venture between Mandel Training Centre and the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) on the one hand and, on the other, Client Organisations. The expectations on Client Organisations are that-
- They identify and provide a high impact current business challenge in their organizations for investigation by a designated team of program participants;
- They be prepared to allow a team of participants to fully investigate the business challenge, giving the team all the necessary support; and
- They make time for the designated team to make a presentation on their findings and recommended solutions to the Client Organization’s Executive Committee.
The fees are $200 per delegate per day. This covers tuition, lunch and three teas. Thus the whole programme costs
$7 600, payable as 25% deposit ($1 900) plus six equal monthly instalments ($950).