Organizations embark on Graduate Internships to ensure that they fill up their Leadership pipe-lines. This is very essential as it gives the Graduate Learner time to appreciate industrial life and at the same time adding value to the business concerned. It also gives the organization an opportunity to entrench their culture into the individuals concerned through a programmed approach. In so doing organizations have the opportunity to engrave their values into future business leaders who can take the organization to a higher level in future if career management programs are handled properly.
The program has to be devised internally by organizations and this will ensure that there is clarity as to the roles and responsibilities of the players in this whole internship program.
The post-hyperinflation era in Zimbabwe, against the background of a multi-currency environment and a liberalized economy, has seen cut-throat competition from the region and beyond, thereby making the need for Leadership Pipeline filling at Graduate Learner Level imperative.
This programme will –
- Accelerate participants’ growth and development;
- Build a deep understanding of the total business and how it operates, and integrate the various functions across the business ;
- Give participants an opportunity to work on real, current business challenges – creating a sense of team work;
- Make the participants more business-focused, problem-solving, opportunity- grabbing and action-oriented individuals who proffer solutions for their organizations.
The GDP is designed for –
- Graduate Learners from various organizations.
THE LEARNING PROCESS
This programme is intended to be a major learning experience. It will provide an opportunity for updating and acquiring skills and competencies as well as giving time for reflection and self-evaluation in a different and informal atmosphere. The learning process is deliberately diverse and includes:
- Class lectures and case study discussions;
- Experiential “Action-based” learning through a Business Project.
EXPECTATIONS ON CLIENT ORGANISATIONS
This programme is offered by Mandel Training Centre and Client Organisations. The expectations on Client Organisations are that-
- Client organization will run with the internal structured program and ensure skills transfer from seasoned practitioners to the individual.
- Mandel will support this internal program with a modular based program to cement the critical business issues.