In brief, our basic view is that Performance Management is about how we manage teams and individuals against goals through personal accountability. In so doing it is imperative to ensure both vertical and horizontal alignment and integration (no dysfunctional silos) so that the execution of business strategy is driven in a way that builds a high-performance, high-engagement culture that ensures sustainable business performance.
OUR UNDERLYING RATIONALE
We are guided by the belief that when people know and understand what is expected of them, because they have been able to take part in formulating those expectations, then they can and will perform to meet those expectations.
THE COURSE CONTENT
- Client’s current Organisational Vision, Mission, Core Values and Strategic Intent statements.
- Client’s Performance Management philosophy – the rationale, aims and objectives of this initiative.
- How the new Performance Management system and process works.
- How to establish customer-focused Individual Goals.
- How to set SMART Targets and Key Performance Indicators to achieve established goals.
- How to ensure that there is vertical and horizontal alignment of performance contracts in order to achieve business goals through effective teamwork.
- The Balanced Scorecard
- How to draw up individual Performance Contracts.
- How to build individual competence by agreeing and implementing Personal Development Plans (PDPs).
- How to conduct positive and participative performance review discussions. (These must be more developmental than evaluative!)
- How to complete / use the various Performance Management Forms, including how to assess and score individual performance in an objective manner.
- How to use the system and process to sustain effective performance and achieve performance improvement, where necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GIVE US
- Client’s Vision, Mission, Core Values statements.
- Client’s Strategic Intent statement.
- Client’s need for change…Current Challenges vs Desired State.
- Client’s Performance Management documentation that is currently in use, if any.
Two (2) full days.
- Basic fee is $70 per delegate per day (if course is conducted at client’s premises).
- If the course is conducted at Mandel Training Centre, an additional $20 per delegate per day is levied. This covers lunches and teas (plain tea at 08 00 hours, tea with sandwiches at 10 00 hours, and tea with biscuits at 15 00 hours).
2017 COURSE DATES
First course 19-20 June 2017. Second course 11-12 December 2017
- Directors/Senior Managers (one day summary)
- Junior to Middle Managers/Supervisors (two full days)
- Team Building
- Effective Disciplinary Case Handling